The Man-Making Blog is a practical and inspirational resource
for people interested in supporting our young males
on their journey to manhood.

February 6, 2006

Aboriginal Initiation


Every so often someone points me to site on the topic of aboriginal initiation. I love it when that happens. The more I'm involved in this work, the more powerful these ceremonies and rituals appear to me. I'm in awe how so called primative cultures got it so right and manage to deliver the perfect boy messages at just the right time in their lives. It inspires me to put out the call to men, to awaken them to the work that only they are uniquely prepared to do. There's little question the boys are waiting and hungry. I continue to believe that until me step into this work, a core piece of their mature masculine potential lies dormant. All male destinies are linked in these rituals.

This site contains photos of "Mandiwala" and "Djapi" rituals from Aboriginal initiation ceremonies from the Northern coast region of Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your response to this blog post is appreciated and welcome. Thanks!