The Man-Making Blog is a practical and inspirational resource
for people interested in supporting our young males
on their journey to manhood.

March 24, 2009

The 6th Annual Tucson Guy's Hike

Every year in recent history, as Gwen and I "snowbird" in Tucson, AZ, I've sponsored what I call the Tucson Guy's Hike. I happen to love to hike, and a few years back I started to share that passion with the men and boys in the circles I inhabit. Over time, the word has gotten out and in recent years we've always had 20 to 25 males on the adventure.

Just below you'll find just a few of the photos from this years hike. It's a great time, everyone loves it, and comes back tired. I've left out the photos of the ritual dip in the pool below the falls, but the icy snowmelt water gives everyone serious bragging rights on return.

We always do an honoring circle at the end to talk about what we liked, didn't like, and what we learned. Just before getting the tram back, we put the young lads in a line so the men can give each boy a blessing. It's a very heartwarming thing.

I'm posting this for two reasons. First, it's my blog and it makes me happy to relive the experience. Secondly, I'd like you to think about a passion you have that you might be willing to share with the men and boys in your world.

If you already have a story like this, please send it along for inspiration. Men and boys are waiting.

Enjoy and blessings.

Earl



If the slideshow above doesn't show, go to this link to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your response to this blog post is appreciated and welcome. Thanks!